Built between 1220 and 1552, it is the product of the unification of two distinct churches. With its 42 metre high vaults, it is one of the highest Gothic edifices in Europe. With its 6,500 m² of stained glass windows, the nickname “God’s lantern” is well merited. There are windows from the 13th to the 20th centuries by Hermann de Münster, Thiebault de Lixheim, Valentin Bousch, Jacques Villon and Marc Chagall. These masterpieces of the art of fire and light form a veritable encyclopaedia of the art of stained glass.

Practical Information

Pets welcome
  • NO
Accessible for disabled people
  • Yes, partially / with help
Method of payment
  • Cash
  • Bank and GIRO cheques